Seventh Grade Trip to Maryland & Virginia: May 13 - 19, 2019
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: These documents will be sent home, but here are links to them if they are lost.
1. Do you need a copy of the Packing List and Itinerary? Please click HERE.
2. Please click HERE to see a more detailed itinerary.
3. Do you need a copy of the Trip Covenant? Please click HERE.
4. Do you need a copy of the MS Prescription Medication Form. Please click HERE.
5. Three important forms from Shepherd's Springs and the Heifer Global Village. Please click HERE.
The 7th grade trip begins with the Heiffer Global Village located at Shepherd's Spring Ministry in Sharpsburg, Maryland. We will stay for two nights and our experience ends at noon on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. According to the website ..."participants in this program will be challenged to examine their own habits, consumption, and beliefs through unique hands-on learning experiences that seek to promote an awareness and understanding of:
- Environmental Conservation
- Global Economics
- Hunger and Nutrition
- Poverty Issues
- Social Equality and Justice"
The focus of the trip on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday will be American history. We will be staying in local hotels on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Click HERE to see a basic slideshow describing the trip that was shown to 7th graders.
Students are required to wear TES dress code shorts, skirts/skorts or pants with a spirit shirt or dress code button-down shirt.on Monday, Thursday and Friday. When we are in the Heiffer Global Village students may wear comfortable regular non-uniform clothes.
NO cell phones or electronics are allowed on the 7th grade trip.
Please send Mr. Smith an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at 704-651-6353 if you have any questions or concerns.